Wednesday, July 18, 2007

the Commission on State Tax and Financing Policy

Hi folks,
I was cruising through the internet today and noticed some interesting info on www.in.gov/s30/. This is a web page for state Senator Teresa Lubbers, on it she posts a letter to her constituents (us) regarding The Property Tax Fiasco. She offers two nuggets which I liberally edit :

Those politicians and bureaucrats involved in the Commission on State Tax and Financing Policy will be having their first meeting on Monday, July 23 @ 9am, in the Auditorium of the Indiana Government Center South (302 W.Washington St). It's open to the public and they will give time to county residents who wish to testify and share stories. Hmmm, protest at the Gov's mansion or sit in a meeting ... Hey, did I mention that the meeting will be Broadcast on the internet ? I think I'll watch it here: www.in.gov/legislative/session/video.html .

Ms Lubbers lists eight proposals which she is interested in considering, the last one is the best one to me : Elimination of property tax. Move it to the top of your list, Teresa!
Later - - - AnalogEllen

No comments: